An edit I’ve made over a dozen times finally got the seal of approval over on FE.org, and it is’nt the only DW edit I have on there. It was joined by The Snowmen last week and soon my edit of The Pilot will join it.
I always thought The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith would fit much better as one of the last David Tennant DW specials, and so I took the liberty of joining the episodes together (SJA is a half hour show and is often serialized more than New Who is), and making it work as one.
– Cut approx. a minute from the beginning of “Part One”, including titles and writers/directors credits.
– Opening titles with David Tennant and Elizabeth Sladen credits taken from “The Stolen Earth/Journie’s End” titles and used a shortened version of the 2009 version of the theme song as this is considered part of the “Ten Farewell Tour” specials
– Story proceeds as normal until the arrival of The Trickster at the reception.
– Cut one minute and twenty-three seconds from the begining of “Part Two”, which is mostly all a reprise of part one. Removed Director’s credit
– Removed Sarah Jane and the kids saying what a fantastic person The Doctor is and what a fantastic team they make, removed “next time” for next SJA adventure and end credits, we now close the episode as the TARDIS door closes on The Doctor
– Omitted Credits