With a tighter focus on the narrative and the use of footage from Spider-Man: Homecoming, this edit attempts to provide Civil War with more of a mystery behind Zemo’s scheme as well as an alternate introduction to Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man
– Film now opens with Tony talking about the holographic technology
– No romance/flirting between Sharon and Steve
– T’Challa’s introduction as a vengeful Black Panther is not foreshadowed. Scene with Natasha after the Vienna bombing cut.
– Alternative introduction to Peter Parker using Spider-Man: Homecoming footage
– No split between Tony and Pepper (there’s a very good reason for that)
– More mystery to Zemo and his motivations, we only truly learn the extent of his scheming when the characters do
– New mid-credits scene using Homecoming footage.