This is a follow-up to my Force Awakens edit “The Ford Awakens”, where Han Solo survived the events of that movie…due to having zero footage of him to use in the Last Jedi, I had to give him a minimal role in the film. He only appears on-screen once (in the scene where he meets Luke…yes, he meets Luke), and the rest of his appearances are represented by various soundbites from the original trilogy, each carefully selected to connect to certain scenes in the third act.
– The edit has a cold open pre-title scene but does eventually lead into the text crawl
– The entire battle with the Dreadnought has been cut. It shoots on the base, the resistance escape.
– Luke is already training Rey when the movie begins.
– Kylo smashing his helmet in a rage is cut
– Canto Bight is retained as is Poe’s whole issue with Holdo and his mutiny, largely to make sure the film was of an acceptable length, it’d be 35 minutes long with the amount of cuts I made.
-.Luke still arrives and assures Leia noone’s ever really gone. Film ends on a cliffhanger with seemingly all hope lost and Rey tempted to join the dark side by Kylo.
Plot holes I couldn’t hope to fix:
– Kylo and Snoke’s initial conversation is heavily edited. Kylo has been wounded in battle, but because Rey didn’t wield a lightsaber in my “Ford Awakens” edit, it’s left unclear how he got it. The scene merely serves as a reason to unmask Kylo
– Finn journeyed with Rey and Han to Luke’s island in “The Ford Awakens” but is back with the fleet here, again, this was because I could not work out how to get him off the island or even have scenes with them on the island. Just assume he got tired waiting for Rey to complete her training and went back to help the resistance.
I’ve worked out a way of having Han live throughout the entire movie, and he accompanies Rey on her search for Luke at the end.
– Leia sensing the Starkiller’s attack on the republic
– R2 awakens when BB8 first finds him
– No lightsaber duel with Kylo, Rey, or Finn.
– Planets Daquar and Tokondana are now the same world
– Han and Chewie’s explosives bring down the shields (special credit to Last Impressions for this idea)
To give Han a second chance, and hope for a reunion with Luke
-First 47 minutes are straight up regular Force Awakens. Changes occur when the falcon escapes the hijackers
-Falcon arrives at Daquar, Finn meets Poe, all references to Rey being captured removed
-R2 awakens, the map to Luke is completed
-Leia and Han argue, Rey finds Luke’s lightsaber and has her vision, this triggers her awakening, Snoke informs Kylo of this, Snoke then learns the location of the Resistance base.
-The Resistance put together their strategy regarding Starkiller base.
-The First Order attacks Daquar, Finn is given the lightsaber
-Footage of Tokunda battle now represents the Daquar invasion
-Starkiller destroys Republic planets, Rey grieves with eia.
-Han, Finn, Rey and Chewie journey to Starkiller,
-Han and Chewie plant bombs, Han confronts Kylo, Kylo ignites his lightsaber off-camera, leaving Chewie no choice but to attack, he then sets off the explosives. The shields are brought down by the explosions.
-Resistance destroy Starkiller base
-Han says goodbye to Leia, tells Rey and Finn all about why Luke dissapeared
-Footage of the Falcon arriving at Tokodana used for the Falcon arriving at Luke’s island
-Ending the same as Force Awakens
jrWHAG42, DigModiFicaTion, wilhelm scream, Masirimso17, Last Impressions, OriginalTrilogy’s GeoMFilms (these two especially for much of the final act), and my best friend for sharing this with fellow SW fans.